Faith House SafeGuarding Policy
Here at Faith House, we are accountable to our mother church’s PCC, St Barnabas and are committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We want our children and young people to thrive, have fun and meet with God – all in a safe environment. We adhere to the London Diocese Safeguarding Policy which is contained in ‘Promoting a Safer Diocese’ (2018) and further guidance can be sought from the National Church’s Safeguarding Policies and Practice Guidance. Our CSOs, clergy and parish staff refer to the National Church’s Parish Safeguarding Handbook for advice on responding to concerns.
PCC SAFEGUARDING POLICY STATEMENT ST BARNABAS, NORTH LONDON
Every person has a value and dignity which comes directly from the creation of male and female in God’s own image and likeness. Christians see this potential as fulfilled by God’s re-creation of us in Christ. This implies a duty to value all people as bearing the image of God and therefore to protect them from harm. We accept and endorse the principles set out in the House of Bishops ‘Promoting a Safer Church’ safeguarding policy and practice guidance to;
- Promote a safer environment and culture.
- Enable and ensure safe recruitment practice and support all those within the Church with any responsibility related to children, young people and vulnerable adults.
- Respond promptly to every safeguarding concern or allegation.
- Offer pastoral care to victims/survivors of abuse and other affected persons.
- Offer pastoral care to those who are the subject of concerns or allegations of abuse and other affected persons.
- Respond to those who may pose a present risk to others.
The PCC of this Church agreed and adopted the above Policy at its meeting on 18 March 2019.
OUR SAFEGUARDING TEAM
If you are concerned that someone you know is at risk of, or is being abused, or presents a risk to others, please seek advice from a Safeguarding Adviser or if necessary report the matter to the Local Authority Social Care Services or the Police without delay.