Youth & Children's worker wanted
Faith House is looking for a Youth & Children’s Worker, Are you interested?
Faith House is a growing Charismatic Anglican Church Plant in the heart of Colindale, NW9 which has a fast growing Youth & Children’s Worker.
We urgently need a Youth & Children’s worker to help setup an agenda for the Children’s ministry. The ideal person has:
- A living and vibrant Christian faith
- Age isn’t so relevant, but a mature faith is
- Got experience with working with children in a school, youth club or someone who is training for a teaching or youth work qualification.
The Job Description is as follows:
Faith House Church Job Description
Youth & Children’s Worker (0.4 FTE)
- To help lead and develop outreach and discipleship ministries for children aged 0-11 within Faith House and our surrounding community.
Hallmarks of this role
- Forming and cultivating Christian discipleship and mentorship relationships with the children within our community.
- Helping children to encounter Christ through godly relationships, Holy Spirit inspired worship and transformational Biblical teaching.
- Assisting, developing and running community-based outreach programmes and events.
- Operating as part of a core leadership team to prayerfully seek out, implement and develop children’s ministry strategies.
- Relentlessly championing the needs and concerns children at Faith House and beyond.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assisting in the running, development and vision of the Faith House’s children’s ministry structures.
- Occasionally leading volunteer teams and ministry structures.
- Assisting in recruiting volunteers from the main congregation, with particular focus on how we might attract and recruit volunteer leaders of all ages.
- Assisting in running and developing events and structures aimed at reaching the children in our community.
Face to Face/Virtual Children’s Work:
- Teaching and leading as required in all groups.
- Leading up front ministry in the power of the Holy Spirit, praying in a group setting both with individuals and facilitating corporate prayer and worship (sung or otherwise).
- Able to come across well on social media.
- Exercise and develop leadership and spiritual gifts in the children’s ministry context and, if mutually desired, the wider church context.
- Reliable and speedy communication with children’s ministry team, parents/carers and Faith House‘s staff team.
- Working closely with Safeguarding Officers and Children’s Champions on child protection policy and its implementation.
- Staying abreast of current codes of good practice in children’s work.
- Meeting of admin-based deadlines.
- Assisting with season all-age services (e.g. Christmas, Easter, Mothers’ & Fathers’ Day).
- Assisting with seasonal outreach events (e.g. Light Party, Christmas Fest, Easter Fest)
- Meetings with volunteer kids team as required
- Monthly supervisions with Line Manager
- Weekly meeting with Church Leader
- Irregular staff meetings as required
- Ensure consistently high standards in children’s ministry.
- Develop strong relationships within the Faith House’s Staff and Leadership Teams.
- Develop strong relationships with members of the adult congregations Faith House.
To apply for the role in the first instance please email the church leader on firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your CV and details of your availability.